Magnet Application Guide
Proper use and care of your magnet will help to extend the life and protect the surfaces that they are applied to. We recommend following the application steps below to ensure top performance.
Prepare the Surface
- Before affixing the magnet to a metal surface, be sure all surface paints, clear coats and waxes are cured (hardened).
- Clean the surface and the magnet with mild detergent.
- Wipe with a soft cloth or allow to dry.
Applying the Magnet
- Affix to smooth, flat or gently curved metallic surfaces.
- Make sure the entire magnet is flat against the metal surface. Do not place over protrusions (molding, decals, pin striping, etc.) or concave areas. There should be no air pockets.
- The magnet should be at a room temperature of 60°F (16°C) or above when installed to achieve best results.
- Do NOT use on horizontal metal surfaces exposed to direct sunlight (such as automobile hoods), temperatures exceeding 160°F (71°C) or temperatures below -15°F (-26°C). Exposure to cold weather will make the magnet more brittle so use caution when handling.
- To guard against moisture and dirt buildup between the magnet and the metal surface (particularly on outdoor applications), remove the magnet at regular intervals. Clean both the magnet and metal surface with mild detergent; wipe with a soft cloth or allow to air-dry.
- After waxing and polishing, allow 2 days for wax to cure before applying magnets.